Sunday, October 11, 2009

Quick update on early season winter storm

Just a quick little update from my blog post from earlier. The NWS is beginning to fall more in line with the HPC, now saying that the heavier snow looks to fall just south of the current watch area. Current headlines will stay as is for now, and will be re-evaluated by the day crew, just in case things happen to shift a bit north again, although according to the NWS, this is unlikely. Even though there is a Winter Storm Watch up, I would be surprised to see it go to a warning, mostly because I really don't think that widespread totals will be enough to warrant a warning. Instead, my gut is telling me that they will go with a Winter Weather Advisory for most of central MN, parts of southern MN, and over to western WI, where between 2 and 5 inches could fall. The only reason I could see them issuing a warning for this is because the snow could very well fall during busy travel times on Monday, and it is the first large snow potential of the season. Check back for future updates on this approaching system.

No comments:

Post a Comment